End of Summer Luau (August 29)
Throw your Hawaiian shirt on and come join our hula hoop contest, limbo, and other cool games, Hawaiian pizza and punch (regular cheese pizza too), karate and a kid-friendly movie. Students and buddies can ask their parents to go online to pre-register and complete online waiver or pre-register at the front desk. All buddies must have written or online waiver completed.
This event will take place from 5:30pm to 9:00pm (doors open at 5:20pm)
Bully-Proof Workshop (September 19)
Open to the public, ages 5 and up. All donations to benefit Griffin's Guardians. Griffins Guardians provides support and financial assistance to children battling cancer in CNY and provides financial aid in funding for pediatric cancer research.Students will learn important tips and techniques. Learn how to show confidence, prevent, prepare, protect, and report.
- 34% (1 out of 3) of all children report being bullied regularly several times a year
- 85% of the time, there is no intervention
- Each day, 160,000 students miss school due to bullying
- Bullying is the leading factor in suicide among kids 11–16 years old
- By age 24, 60% of bullies have been charged with a crime
- 86% of children aged 12–15 report bullying has interfered with their studies moderately or severely
This event will take place 1:00pm to 2:30pm.